Version 0.82: (Released September 20, 2010)
- Fix bugs reported for the previous release.
- Use Ajax functionality for almost all post related functions.
- Protect from losing unsaved changes.
- Autosave feature for posts when in edit mode.
Version 0.811: (Released February 20, 2010)
- About block can now handle multi line data.
- Deleting comment resulted in showing a page not found. This is fixed.
- Page entries will not have option for comments. This will enable a CMS like operation.
- The default login session timeout has been changed to never timeout. This can be changed in the admin panel.
- Refreshing the page after submitting a comment or a new post was causing duplicate entries to be posted. This could lead to easy spamming. This has been fixed.
- Global privacy option has been added to control the privacy of the blog posts.
- Draft option has been added to posts. Users can keep a post as draft and only they and the admin of the site will be able to see the post.
Version 0.81: (Released July 02, 2009)
- Easier Navigation. Admin panel and other panels are easier to navigate.
- Cleaner Urls. Enable cleaner urls if mod_rewrite works on the server.
- Multi Blog. A switch in the program for enabling multi blogging.
- Theme Management. Presentation and logic are separate, easy theme creation.
- Plugin Management. Additional features can be added through plugins.
- Better search results. Multiple words in search work better.
- Comment moderation. Option to enable comment moderation.
- Hits are counted only once per session.
- nicEdit is a plugin now.
- Use *readmore* (Continue Reading) to RSS feeds as well.
- Special accented characters are handled well.
- Option for multiple tags or categories (thanks to Andreas).
- Ban IP's.
- Limit the number of invalid login attempts.
Version 0.8: (Released Mar 09, 2009)
- Login management through Sessions.
- Users can self register (admin can disable this option).
- Sqlite is used for Post, comments etc.
- Commenters name can be a link (optional URL and email).
- When admin is logged in, commenters IP is shown.
- Measures to secure from session hijacking.
- Posts can be made stickies.
- Auto logout after some minutes of no activity (admin can change this duration).
- Performance - reduce HTTP request, eliminate huge internal arrays.
Version 0.7: (Released Feb 13, 2009)
- Admin interface (change site properties, add authors, change password)'''
- Easy translation. Language selection available in the admin panel'''
- Pretty Urls
- SEO Optimization
- md5sum encrypted passwords
- Social Bookmarking widget: to enable easy sharing of post/blog
- Additional authors can be added by the admin
- New look - 2 additional themes
- Archive has year-month collapsible feature like blogspot
- Catch comment users and other fields with just spaces
- Use CSS framework and change all forms
- Post Options w/ Teaser + Full Story (using *readmore* in the post)
- RSS shorter - summary instead of the whole post? (*readmore* can be used)
- Move the Pritlog version info to the admin page
- Ability to enable / disable comments per post
- Added the number of visits for each post
- Added popular entries block that works based of this visits
- Added author field for posts
- Category cloud
Version 0.411: (Released Jan 02, 2009)
- Category does not work when the category name has multiple words
- Category is case sensitive now. This has be changed to lowercase.
- Let the post stay on screen, until it's successfully submitted!
- Direct scrolling to the exact comment.
- Detect comment users and other fields with just spaces.
Version 0.41: (Released Oct 09, 2008)
- Security Vulnerability: Pritlog versions 0.4 and earlier had a security vulnerability as discussed on the Security Focus website. This version fixes this security vulnerability.
Version 0.4: (Released Sep 16, 2008)
- Deleting entry - keeps the comments. This was a major bug that I had overlooked. Again, Eric (Caneri)'s testing revealed this error. We have real great testers and thinkers in the Puppy community.
- Some additional bugs related to comment posting have been fixed.
- Version checking has been enabled following the excellent suggestion by Eric (Caneri).
- Better error validation and error messages.
- Better error handling.
- Changed the layout.
- Split config and code separately so that layout changes and fixes can be directly applied to the code and config remains the same.
- There was an error in the stats (users online). This has been fixed as well.
- When I tried on another hosting account, there were some unhandled errors displayed. Fixed these as well.
- Increased comment size to 500.
- Fixed bug in comment posting when comment was big.